Terms and Conditions
Welcome to AccessibilityNow.com. AccessibilityNow.com is an on-demand documents accessibility conversion service (“Services”) provided by Crawford Technologies Inc (“Company”).
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms”), govern your access to and use of the AccessibilityNow.com website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.AccessibilityNow.com (the “Site”).
You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services offered by us. If you are below 18 years of age, you are strictly prohibited from registering on our Site or doing any act, which leads us to believe that you are 18 years of age or above. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available by email at support@AccessibilityNow.com for any questions regarding the Site or Terms.
‘Users’ are the main users and are responsible for the billing and payments.
‘Accessibility’ refers to the accessibility standards and guidelines that are followed by the Company to make the documents accessible.
‘Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.0’ is the accessibility guideline that the Company is working with to meet compliance under applicable laws.
‘Orders’ are the formal agreement between Users and the Company to undertake the Services.
‘Pay-as-you-go’ is the subscription type wherein, the User will make the payment at the time of upload and utilize them to make the documents accessible.
‘Monthly Subscriptions’ are the packages that will be recurring on a monthly basis and based on the monthly subscription, the Users will have access to the features offered by the Company from time to time.
‘Disputes’ are disagreements experienced during an order between a User and/or a Sub-user and the Company.
Overview (Main Terms)
Users can register on the Site for free through a valid email address.
A User can upload documents to be made accessible on the Site through the ‘upload a PDF’ option.
All the documents to be uploaded on the Site have to meet the specifications set out by the Company in this regard from time to time.
On uploading a document, the Site will respond subsequent to the completion of such upload, by generating an Order with the final cost of making PDF accessible. By confirming such Order, the User accepts the terms and conditions of the Site.
Upon completion of Services by the Company, the Company will inform the User via email about the status of their Order. The User can then login to the Site and download the particular file.
The accessible file will be available for download for such period as communicated to you by the Company. Upon expiry of such period, the file will be deleted and the Company shall not entertain any requests for retrieving such file or provision of Services in respect thereof.
The Company shall follow the process set out below in the course of performing its Services:
- The document will be made accessible using the Company’s Auto Tagger for Accessibility technology.
- If the User selects Manual Quality Control services from AccessibilityNow.com, the document will be remediated as per the techniques under the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.0.
- The Company will write the alternate text for the images in the document.
- The Company will adjust the read order in the document
- The Company will test the accessible documents with assistive technology to ensure that the document meets the accessibility standard and guidelines.
- The Company will change the name of the document and append ‘accessible’ as a prefix to the filename.
- The Company will, at all times, only make the documents accessible and the contents of the document will not be altered or changed in any manner whatsoever.
On receiving the delivery of the accessible document, the User should check the accuracy of the accessibility and can make a request for a modification, if required, as per the terms set out below.
Payments & Credits
Users can make payments either through PayPal, Debit Card or Credit Card.
All Users registered on the Site shall be construed as Users under the Pay-as-you-go subscription unless they choose to buy a Monthly Subscription
Users requiring larger volumes can email us at sales@AccessibilityNow.com for a quote on volume pricing for availing Services for more than 5,000 pages.
In the event of an improper/unsuccessful conversion, the Users shall be entitled to a Credit of the number of pages contained in such improper/unsuccessful conversion.
The Company understands that accessibility interpretations can be varied and appreciates the need to work with the Users to meet the required accessibility standards and guidelines. Therefore, the Site provides a ‘request for modification’ option, as follows:
If an Order has been delivered/completed, the User can request a modification by contacting us at support@AccessibilityNow.com within 3 working days of the delivery date (i.e. the date when the Company notifies the User the accessible file(s) are available for download is sent to the Users Request for modifications will be considered by the Company only if it relates to:
- Alternate text for images or
- Tag structure of the document.
The Company shall carry out only one round of iterative changes without any additional charges
All modification requests will be delivered within 2 working days from the date of acceptance of such modification request by the Company.
Estimated Date of Delivery
If a document is not ready on the date of delivery due to unforeseen challenges in the document, then the Company reserves the right to notify the User and/or the Sub-users of the revised delivery date.
Document Copyright & Ownership
The Company does not verify the ownership or the intellectual property (including copyright) comprised in the document.
Clarification from User
The Company will make commercially reasonable efforts to meet the accessibility requirements. If the Company deems that clarifications are required from the User, our team reserves the right to seek clarifications from such User.
Considering the time required to receive a response from the User the estimated date of delivery of the Services by the Company may change accordingly and the User will be notified of the new date of delivery.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
The Company constantly updates its offerings of products and support services on the Site. The products or support services available on the Services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, contain typographical errors or be unavailable, and we may experience delays in updating information on the Site and in our advertising on other web sites.
We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. We reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time as we deem fit, without prior notice.
As a result of high internet traffic, transmission problems, system capacity limitations and other problems, you may at times, experience difficulty in accessing the Site or communicating with us through the internet or other electronic or wireless device. Any computer system or other electronic/mobile device used to access the Site can experience unanticipated outages or slowdowns, or have capacity limitations. The Company does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions
Consent to Communications
You expressly consent to receiving email, text messages, and other commercial electronic messages from Company and its agents pertaining to the Services of Company and your use of the Site, and any Promotions offered. You may withdraw your consent at any time by email to support@AccessibilityNow.com or if you were texted, by a “STOP” message to the number or short code from which you were texted.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Services may contain links to third-party web sites, payment vendors or other services that are not owned or controlled by the Company.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services or any link contained therein. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, costs, expenses or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. Use of the links to third-party websites or services and access to such hyperlinked websites are entirely at your own risk. We reserve the right to provide such links as we deem fit, on our Site, for your convenience. However, we shall not be considered to be associated or affiliated in any manner whatsoever with any trade or service marks or logos or any intellectual property right appearing on such third-party websites
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you may visit through the Site.
You agree to be bound by the provisions of the ‘User Conduct’ set out below.
You agree to not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the Site that:
- Belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- Is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- Harms minors in any way;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Impersonates another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- Threatens public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Additionally, you agree to abide by the following terms:
- You cannot modify, adapt or attempt for an unlawful access of Services, or build any other third-party service or website that falsely represents the Company.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse of any customer, employee, member, or officer of the Company may result in immediate account termination including legal action against you.
- You will not gain unauthorized access to our Site or Services, or our computer systems or networks connected to our Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- You will not otherwise do anything that is not expressly permitted by the Terms.
- You will be responsible for safeguarding your password and account information for continued use of the Services. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions undertaken by using your account. In case of any unauthorized access, please notify the Company in writing immediately. The Company will make best efforts to block your account or the activity of the unauthorized user. The Company will not be liable in any manner for any loss or damage caused to you by result of unauthorized use of your account on the Site.
Limitation of Liability
Any content may be uploaded to and/or downloaded from our Site solely at your own risk and discretion. The Company shall not be liable for any harm whatsoever, caused to your computer system or loss of any data during/resulting from, such uploading and/or downloading of content. It shall be your responsibility to implement appropriate security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) on your computer, laptop, mobile, tablet or any other device connecting you to our Site to satisfy your requirements as to the safety and reliability of the content.
In no event shall the Company, or its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Services;
- any conduct or content of any third party on the Services;
- any content obtained from the Services;
- unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, iv. whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of our Site and the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
The Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that:
- the Services will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location;
- any errors or defects will be corrected;
- the Services is free of viruses or other harmful components;
- the results of using the Services will meet your requirements.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Company, its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims brought by any third party in relation to (i) your use of the Services and the Site including any content therein; and/or any (ii) breach of the Terms or any other policy published on the Site or communicated to you by the Company from time to time.
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or liability resulting, directly or indirectly, from delays or interruptions due to electronic or mechanical equipment failures, telephone/internet interconnection problems, defects, weather, strikes, walkouts, fire, acts of God, riots, armed conflicts, acts of war, or other like causes beyond the control of the Company. The Company shall have no responsibility to provide you access to the Services and/or the Site while such unforeseen delays or interruptions on account of force majeure continue.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of New York courts.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Services, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we may have with you, the User regarding the Services.
Right of Access
The Company reserves its right to deny or restrict access to the Site to any particular User, or to block access from a particular internet address, at any time, without providing any reasons whatsoever.
You agree that you shall not use any software, device or any other methods to interfere or attempt to interfere with the functioning of the Site, use any robot, spider or other automatic devices or manual processes to copy any page or content within the Site without our prior written permission
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Services.